The Office of the Inspector-General Emergency Management (IGEM) supports the IGEM with a small number of staff who plan, develop and conduct assurance projects.
Our primary role is to enable confidence in Queensland’s emergency management arrangements.
- Reviewing and assessing the effectiveness of disaster management arrangements within Queensland.
- Reviewing and assessing cooperation between entities responsible for disaster management in the State, including whether disaster management systems and procedures employed by those entities are compatible and consistent.
- Establishing standards for disaster management, reviewing and assessing performance against these standards and regularly reviewing the standards.
- Monitoring compliance by Queensland government departments with their disaster management responsibilities.
- Identifying and improving disaster and emergency management capabilities, including volunteer capabilities and opportunities for cooperative partnerships.
- Reporting to and advising the Minister of Police, Fire and Emergency Services about issues relating to these functions.
White Ribbon Accreditation
The Office of the Inspector-General Emergency Management (IGEM) and Public Safety Business Agency (PSBA) have been awarded White Ribbon Australia Workplace Accreditation status. We strive to fulfil our commitment to ending violence against women, and helping to prevent and respond to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) in our workplace, and in our community. The Office of the IGEM and PSBA are focused on the safety, health and wellbeing of our people and we promote respectful, safe and inclusive workplace cultures.
Everyone can play a role in
challenging attitudes and behaviours that underpin violence, and work towards
building respectful, safe and inclusive cultures. You can read more about the White Ribbon initiative through the PSBA website.